DATED: 15TH FEBRUARY 2016
TRADING STATEMENT FOR THE YEAR ENDED
31 DECEMBER 2015
I am pleased to report that we have enjoyed a very successful and positive year.
- Total sales have increased by 18% and like for like sales have risen by nearly 6%.
- UK total sales have increased by 21% and by more than 6% on a like for like basis. CI sales grew by 1%.
- In the UK garden centres sales have grown broadly in line with the industry and there have been excellent performances in the Plants, Sundries, Home and Christmas categories.
- After a modest start to the Christmas season for everyone, December sales were strong and Christmas sales in the UK outperformed the industry.
- Newbridge Garden Centre has exceeded our expectations and Trelawney Garden Centre has traded in line with expectations. The redevelopment of Festival Garden Centre has led to a significant increase in sales.
- Chairman Simon Burke comments, "I am delighted that we can report such a strong performance in the business. The key gardening and Christmas seasons have gone well and we expect to report a profit significantly ahead of 2014. Everyone has worked very hard to achieve this and I would like to thank them all for their efforts."
Group Finance Director and Company Secretary