Most Recent Update: April 2022
We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. This policy applies to you if you use our products or services in store, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”). This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all of the companies and businesses in our group.
Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re generally referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up the Blue Diamond Group (although it does depend on the context). These include:
- Blue Diamond Group LTD
- Blue Diamond UK LTD
- Blue Diamond Trading
- All garden centres in the UK & Channel Islands associated with our group
It also includes any other businesses we add to this group in the future.
What sorts of information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the Services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on);
- When reviewing an application for credit (where applicable for sales of furniture etc) we will take into account other information about you such as your employment details, financial position, information taken from identification documents such as your passport or driving licence, your insurance, criminal and medical history, and details about additional insured parties and cardholders or joint policyholders;
- Your account login details, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our Services. If you use our website, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect may be used to:
- Make available our Services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Personalise your shopping experience, for example by understanding your location or how you use our apps and websites to provide you with personalised offers or shopping ideas;
- Give you Diamond Club points if appropriate;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies;
- For statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, the manner in which you consume them and how you shop across the Blue Diamond Group, so we can serve you better;
- Find ways to improve our Services, stores apps and websites;
- Contact you about products and services from us and other companies;
- Provide you with online advertising;
- To market to you directly through email or SMS services;
- Provide for the safety and security of our colleagues and customers; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
Who we might share your information with
The Blue Diamond Group
We may share your personal information with other Blue Diamond Group Companies from time to time so we can provide you with a high quality service across our group.
Our service providers
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf…but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security! We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. For example, some of our service providers may place advertising for us online, about our products and services and those of our retail partners, suppliers and third parties. As a result, where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the web sites you visit, or the interactive services you use.
Other organisations and individuals
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we're discussing selling or transferring part or all of a business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers - but only so they can evaluate that business;
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the Services to you
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
The data we collect from you is used by our nominated third-party data collection and analysis providers.
Their details are:
SMART Insight Ltd - The Edge - Bucklands End - Nailsea - Bristol - BS48 4PN email@example.com - 01275 856683
CSY Retail Systems Ltd - 9-10 Chase Park - Nottingham - NG2 4GT - 0115 948 4848
Salon Tracker Ltd - 30-38 Dock St - Leed - LS10 1JF - 0113 350 8230
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of the Blue Diamond Group from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means. We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so either logging into your Diamond Club account and following the directions or by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through your online account.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service across our group. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Sharing your thoughts
When using one of our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example, when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our Services. When doing this your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks, their other users and/or Blue Diamond Group Companies. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
Security of your Data
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies);
- Implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
- Never asking you for your passwords;
- Advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
Legal basis for Blue Diamond processing customer personal data
Blue Diamond collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
• the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
• the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
• complying with our legal obligations.
• Where you have consented or not withdrawn your consent
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email where there is no legitimate interest, although we will not send direct marketing communications who have withdrawn their consent or clicked an unsubscribe link.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Blue Diamond, including: -
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering the Diamond Club);
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- for communication purposes such as sending event access information, survey invites, or other communication that we wish our customers to see;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Blue Diamond, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to BLUE DIAMOND;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Blue Diamond; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means: By email: email@example.com By post: Data Protection Officer, Blue Diamond UK LTD, PO BOX 350, Guernsey, GY1 3XA.