We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and on delivering an exceptional and unique retail experience. As the ideal candidate, you will be immaculately presented, professional and friendly with a genuine interest in Customer Service, as well as having a good eye for detail. Our customers are our main priority, so therefore you will be someone who is passionate about customer service, polite and outgoing, and someone who would always put our customers first.
The till and Customer Service Manager will ensure the till and customer service team provides excellent customer service along with impeccable levels of accuracy. You will carry out effective analysis of transactional reports and take responsibility for ensuring company policies and procedures are being adhered to by the till and customer service team; implementing solutions to problems as they arise and seeking advice when required.
Key accountabilities/primary responsibilities
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Increase customer retention through promoting our loyalty scheme
- Monitor and respond to all customer comments on social media and emails
- Improve the customer journey by conducting floor walks
- Communicating effectively with customers by phone, email, letter and face-to-face
- Investigating and resolving customers' issues
- Providing feedback to the centre to improve customer service and reduce complaints
Daily, weekly and monthly reports must be analysed and actioned promptly, resolving any discrepancies – duties include:
- Responsible for cash and banking reconciliation
- Refund analysis
- Manage system price accuracy
- Analyse and interpret system generated financial reports
- Recruit, train and performance manage till and customer service assistants
- Organise weekly rotas ensuring adequate staffing
- Monitor till hardware and report any faults
- Monitor security and ensure vigilance to reduce theft
- Ensure data protection and consumer legislation policies are adhered to
You will have the following
Excellent communication skills
Be polite, confident and friendly
Be able to remain patient, calm and polite in difficult situations
Understand and able to prioritise the needs of customers
Positive body language
Excellent problem-solving skills
Be flexible and be able to think strategically
Be able to follow and ensure team follow instructions
Be accurate and pay attention to detail, even when under pressure
Good numeracy and computer skills
Strong leadership skills and previous managerial experience, as managing a large till and customer service team
Proactive in driving and motivating a team to produce results
Demonstrate an enthusiastic and self-motivated approach
Who are we?
Blue Diamond Group is the 2nd largest Garden Centre Group, with 37 centres throughout the UK and in the Channel Islands and we are continuously growing. Our centres are widely regarded as some of the best in the country and we have won many retail and restaurant awards. Our extensive refurbishment programme ensures that our centres and restaurants offer style and innovation in an aspirational environment which encourages loyalty and satisfaction from our customers. We invite you to look at our website and view pictures and videos of recent developments such as East Bridgford and Redfields.
As well as a rewarding career with potential for career development, you can expect a competitive salary, attractive staff discount and paid holidays.
If you like the sound of a fantastic fast-growing company with a great heritage and want to make a positive contribution to a business which in return helps all employees to maximise their full potential, then we would like to hear from you! CLICK HERE TO APPLY