An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven Buyer to join our growing Home and Indoor Living buying team.
Our Home and Indoor Living range encompasses a wide variety of unique, stylish and aspirational products including everything from home furnishings and accessories, kitchen products, children's toys, books and cards. As a Buyer your responsibilities will include:
- Range selection and implementation
- Visiting trade shows and showrooms
- Ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers ensuring maximum profitability
- Putting together initial allocations to centers and liaising with the Retail Support Team for implementation
- Identifying opportunities to develop Own Brand/exclusive ranges and executing in stores
- Liaising with the store development team re fixtures and ranges for them to implement in new centers and refits
- Center visits alongside merchandising colleagues to support in driving space productivity and profitability
- Briefing the Home Analyst on ad hoc projects and identifying opportunities for growth
Reporting in to the Head of Home, the ideal candidate will have the ability to get underneath our brand and what it means to our customers, they will have the vision to ensure a point of difference from our competitors and create an aspirational look and feel to product and merchandising.
They will understand the importance of converting customers from browsing, into sales through fantastic ranges using a variety of display and merchandising techniques and ensuring growth through improving productivity.
The following skills are essential -
- Previous buying experience preferably in a retail environment
- Highly motivated, able to work autonomously and has a 'can do' attitude
- The ability to build good supplier relationships
- Ability to travel to centres around the country and ChanneI Islands
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel
- Confident in data analysis to identify opportunities and follow through to implementation
To ensure our continued success, the successful candidate will be passionate about and experienced in buying and will be someone who can help take the Home category to the next level within the Group.
If you like the sound of a fantastic fast growing company with a great heritage and want to make a positive contribution to a business which in return helps all employees to maximise their full potential, then we would like to hear from you!