Bedding Department Manager
Our 3 Shires Garden Centre, is looking for a dynamic and experienced plant retailer to manage and lead our Seasonal plants team.
Our plant teams pride themselves on not only giving our customers the very best in product quality and choice, but also on providing them with an aspirational shopping experience through creating stunning visual displays. They work hard to constantly ensure stock availability, that our high standards of plant care and quality are always maintained and that our customers enjoy exceptional service and specialist advice.
As a plant area manager, you would be responsible for managing and leading your team in pulling all of this vital activity together so that our customers have a truly unique and memorable shopping experience. Your focus will always be on the customer and meeting their expectations, but you will also have responsibility for driving sales and profitability – so you will have a real sense of ownership and empowerment!
Our ideal Plant Area managers will:
- have experience of working in Garden Centres, although we are open to talking to candidates from any horticultural background
- have an energetic personality with an ability to easily engage with and connect with our AB1 target customers
- have a creative and entrepreneurial attitude towards plant retailing
- have excellent knowledge of bedding plants, plant care and maintenance
- be able to recognise and act on sales opportunities
- be meticulous to the detail in terms of product placement, standards, presentation, visual elevation and overall look and feel
- have an ability to manage and develop a team
As well as a rewarding career with potential for career development, you can expect a competitive salary, attractive staff discount and paid holidays.
Blue Diamond Group is the 2nd largest Garden Centre Group, with 37 centres throughout the UK and in the Channel Islands and we are continuously growing. Our centres are widely regarded as some of the best in the country and we have won many retail and restaurant awards. Our extensive refurbishment programme ensures that our centres and restaurants offer style and innovation in an aspirational environment which encourages loyalty and satisfaction from our customers. We invite you to look at our website and view pictures and videos of recent developments such as East Bridgford and Redfields.
If you like the sound of a fantastic fast-growing company with a great heritage and want to make a positive contribution to a business which in return helps all employees to maximise their full potential, then we would like to hear from you!