Plant Area Managers
Due to our continued expansion, we are looking for experienced, creative and entrepreneurial plant area managers to join our growing Plants teams at a number of various garden centres within the Blue Diamond Group.
With internal promotions, new garden centre openings, and exceptional growth within existing centres there are nearly always opportunities for talented individuals to join us – so if you are looking for your next challenge we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our plant teams pride themselves on not only giving our customers the very best in product quality and choice, but also on providing them with an aspirational shopping experience through creating stunning visual displays. They work hard to constantly ensure stock availability, that our high standards of plant care and quality are always maintained and that our customers enjoy exceptional service and specialist advice.
As a plant area manager, you would be responsible for managing and leading your team in pulling all of this vital activity together so that our customers have a truly unique and memorable shopping experience. Your focus will always be on the customer and meeting their expectations, but you will also have responsibility for driving sales and profitability – so you will have a real sense of ownership and empowerment!
Our ideal Plant Area managers will:
- have experience of working in Garden Centres, although we are open to talking to candidates from any horticultural background
- have an energetic personality with an ability to easily engage with and connect with our AB1 target customers
- have a creative and entrepreneurial attitude towards plant retailing
- have excellent knowledge of plants, plant care and maintenance
- be able to recognise and act on sales opportunities
- be meticulous to the detail in terms of product placement, standards, presentation, visual elevation and overall look and feel
- have an ability to manage and develop a team
As well as a rewarding career with potential for career development, you can expect a competitive salary, attractive staff discount and paid holidays.
ABOUT THE BLUE DIAMOND GROUP
Blue Diamond Group is one of the UK's largest Garden Centre Groups, with 19 centres throughout the UK and in the Channel Islands and we are continuously growing. Our centres are widely regarded as some of the best in the country and we have won many retail and restaurant awards.
We hold a profitable, prominent position within the garden centre industry priding ourselves on our inspirational approach to retailing which gives us a creative point of difference in the market. Our centres and restaurants offer style and innovation in an aspirational environment which encourages loyalty and satisfaction from our customers.