We are pleased to share with you the news that our garden centres will be reopening from Wednesday 13th May 2020.
We are introducing a number of measures to help protect both our customers and our colleagues. These are:
• We are limiting the number of customers in our shops at any one time in line with the Government’s guidance on social distancing. We are very grateful for our customers’ support during this time of uncertainty.
• Both our baskets and trolleys are still available for customer use, and we are providing facilities to sanitise your basket or trolley between customer use.
• We urge all customers and colleagues to follow Public Health England’s advice on handwashing. This remains the recommended preventative measure from PHE.
• Where possible, we’ll create separate entrances and exits to our stores, so that it’s easier to keep a safe distance from other shoppers. Our colleagues will help to manage queues.
• We are introducing signage in all shops to ensure customers keep two metres apart when queuing at checkouts and welcome desks and reminding customers of the two-metre social distancing rule while you are in store.
• Our colleagues and customers wellbeing are our top priority, and we have taken extra measures to protect them both by installing protective Perspex screens on our tills to provide more protection between our customers and colleagues.
• We may have fewer checkouts, where applicable, open to maintain social distancing for our colleagues and customers.
• We are encouraging our customers to shop in a cashless and contactless way to prevent unnecessary contact.
• Stores are being encouraged to prioritise emergency workers as well as Blue Light cardholders when allowing customers into the store. This includes all social care workers, first responders, St John’s Ambulance staff and Age UK volunteers, amongst many others. All customers will need to provide a valid ID card or document that proves they work for the relevant service.
We are operating a strict 'Covid-Secure' environment
Social distancing measures are steps you can take to reduce social interaction between people. This will help reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
They are to:
- Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough.
- Avoid non-essential use of public transport when possible.
- Avoid large and small gatherings in public spaces, noting that pubs, restaurants, leisure centres and similar venues are currently shut as infections spread easily in closed spaces where people gather together.
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media.
- Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services.
- Everyone should be trying to follow these measures as much as is practicable.
You must comply with the 2-metre social distancing guidelines whilst shopping in any Blue Diamond Garden Centre.
Please do not visit any of our garden centres if you have any symptoms of Covid19 or if you are feeling unwell.
We are limiting the number of customers in our shops at any one time in line with the Government’s guidance on social distancing. We are very grateful for our customers’ support during this time of uncertainty.