Cheshire Climate Ambassadors - 'Show The Love'11th February 2022
On the 13th February from 10am to 4pm the Cheshire Climate Ambassadors are holding a 'Show The Love' event at Bridgemere Garden Centre, Nantwich CW5 7QB.
We will be occupying a corner of the main entrance, with a variety of activities for visitors designed to encourage them to think about their carbon footprint, and show their love for our beautiful planet.
Activities will include:
1. Show The Love pledge – look at some of our suggestions, and make a promise to the Earth that you will take one action to reduce your carbon costs. Write the promise on a green heart and stick it on our Pledge tree.
2. Show the Love valentine card – children can create a card with suitable green and blue colour scheme to tell Mother Earth, plus their favourite person/pet, that they love them.
3. Climate Footprint Quiz. A quick visual Quiz using small playing cards to allow people to guess the best and worst carbon footprint of everyday things.
4. Eat more plants – Copies of a selection of delicious vegan recipes that passers-by can photograph on their phones.
5. Plant a tree – colourful display on why trees are a good thing, with ways to donate a tree to Ethiopia or the National Forest.
6. Keep Peat in the Bog – a display board about peat bogs, why there are good for the planet, and encouragement to buy peat free compost.
7. Meet Gaia – our Mother Earth giant who will walk around the garden centre as a visual embodiment of our beleaguered planet. Great for photo opportunities!
8. The Climate Scarf – a large version of the Women's Institute climate scarf will be on display.
9. Climate Crisis display – a large information board about the Climate Crisis.