Blue Diamond Pancake Recipe
- 100 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tblsp sunflower oil
- 300 ml milk
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar and salt together.
- Make a well in the centre and crack 2 eggs into the middle.
- Pour in about 50ml from the 300ml of milk and add the sunflower oil then start whisking from the centre, gradually drawing the flour into the eggs mixture. Once all the flour is incorporated, beat until you have a smooth, thick paste. Add a little more milk if it is too stiff to beat.
- Add a good splash of milk and whisk to loosen the thick batter. While still whisking, pour in a steady stream of the remaining milk. Continue pouring and whisking until you have a batter that is the consistency of slightly thick single cream. (If you struggle with lumps use a hand blender)
Pink Yorkshire Rhubarb with Madagascan vanilla Ice cream or crème fraîche
(the tart-yet-sweet kick of rhubarb is the perfect companion for pancakes)
- 2 sticks of rhubarb
- 200g sugar
- 200ml water
- Optional 2g candied stem ginger
Slice the rhubarb into 1 inch pieces. Boil the sugar and water together, add the rhubarb and bring back to the boil, take off the heat and allow the rhubarb to slowly poach in the syrup until tender. Remove from syrup once soft and allow to cool. Reduce the syrup to a thick consistency.
Fry your pancake as per usual, then place the rhubarb slices on top and drizzle syrupy juices, serve with Madagascan vanilla ice-cream or crème fraîche to balance the sweetness.